Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Generale Lee clothing store in Lucca Italy



While endlessly searching the internet for Dukes of Hazzard (I do that....a lot) I came across the above picture on a travel site.  I was perplexed and intrigued.  And was already planning a trip to whatever state was home to this magical looking store.  Than I noticed the extra "E" on the marquee and realized the store was in Italy.  So I mentally un-packed my bags and started to look for more information on Generale Lee.


The store is located at Via Fillungo, 145, 55100 Lucca, Italy which is an Italian address and I have no idea how to read it.  Most of the information I got online also had to be translated.  Thanks Google!  According to it's facebook page Generale Lee "is a multibrand fashion store that was founded in September 2003 in the heart of the city of Lucca."  I'm not a fan of facebook, or a member, so I couldn't communicate with the store owners.  I couldn't find a website or email address for them.  But I'm still looking.  They sale women and men's contempary fashions.  The have brands like Diesel, Tommy Hilfiger, Lacoste, and a bunch of Italian ones I never heard of, but I bet fashinonistas have.  



The owners are obviously Dukes fans.  In the first picture, which is from a few years ago, you can see a big General Lee on the back wall.  There is also this great graphic of the General on their logo.



It appears that this graphic seen in these two pictures is their go-to logo inside the store.  It is seen behind the register.  The image of the General they used is of a 1/18 diecast.  It has the packing straps still attached to the car.  Looking at several of their pictures on facebook, they seem to use this image often to advertise their sales and events.  If a store around here did that, I would be there every time.



I really don't know what this ad means.  But I believe the date has passed, so apparently they went deeper underground.  This image of the General is an actual car.  So they do mix it up.


It seems the store also hosts events such as live bands.  American Eagle never does that, at least not at a store.  You can see the above mentioned logo on the wall behind the register.  And a 1/18 on the counter.  I tried to check all the pictures for any indication of a Dukes shirt or piece of memorabilia for sale, but I couldn't find one.  It seems to be a very trendy store that really follows fashion.  And happens to love our favorite car.  If I ever find myself in northern Italy, I will be checking out this store for sure.

6 comments:

  1. You've got their address now...write them a letter! Send them some business cards and see if they'll put them in the shop! Ask them to send you a catalogue! And as you are writing, imagine that you're writing in a voice similar to what you'd hear in a Super Mario Bros. game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. was strolling Lucca this July , and when i saw this store my head spun around a few times!! Hilarious. Definitely not what you expect to see in a 2000 year old Italian town!

    ReplyDelete