Monday, May 27, 2013

I'm 18% closer to owning a complete General Lee - I bought a door!


One day I will own a General Lee.  That is the goal and the dream.  Until that day, I am a little bit closer with my most recent purchase.  I bought a door from a 1969 Dodge Charger painted orange with an 01 on it.  I now own a General Lee door.

I actually bought the door quite a few months ago from a General Lee owner named Bob.  I just never got around to picking it up.  Everything fit together this weekend, Jeff was up for a road trip,  and we set out on a four hour trek.  I picked up the door and made a new friend.


Bob has an awesome General Lee.  He was worked on it for some time, and it shows.  










It was great to meet a fellow fan and spend time exchanging Dukes stories.  Bob's General Lee is exactly what I want to own.  Something you can drive regularly and really have fun in.  Maybe not hit any jumps, but you don't have to trailer it to events.  One day...


Bob helped me carry my new door to the car and it was another four hour trip back home.  But well worth it.  Bob had several spare Charger parts and even threw in General Lee wheel!


It was damaged and couldn't be used on a car, but makes a great display piece.


I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with my new parts, but I'll find some cool way to display them.  They will make awesome additions to the collection.  Thanks again Bob, it was great meeting you.  Also, thanks Jeff for making the trip with me.  Happy Memorial Day everyone.



2 comments:

  1. That's too cool. I never thought about it before, but maybe I could do the same thing to put together a Batmobile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob's got a great General Lee on his hands.

    ReplyDelete