Monday, December 29, 2014

Dukes of Hazzard Christmas Presents!

 

It is very hard to surprise me with Dukes of Hazzard presents.  But each year, my friends and family pull off the near impossible and get me some great gifts.  


My mom blew me away with this poster she had printed of me, John, and Tom.  This baby is huge. She is going to have it framed for me, but thought I might want to have it signed first.  Good thought. I really love this poster.  I can't wait until it's hanging on the wall.  Great job Mom!


Before I show off Jeff's Dukes presents.  I wanted to share this awesome gift from Jeff's wife Sara. Guardians of the Galaxy was huge this year.  Groot was everywhere.  No one has a Groot as cool as this.  Sara crocheted this little guy.  I am really impressed with it.  Thanks Sara!


Jeff's first present was this Movie theater mylar display.  This display was used above the theater door so patrons know which auditorium to go into.  It is in perfect condition.  


The opposite side has a reverse image.  It can be lighted from the back like a movie poster.  This is a really cool item.  Jeff has a long history with movie theaters so this is perfect coming from him.


Jeff's other present is a very ornate, ceramic owl.  It features a nocturnal bird of prey preparing to take off from a small log.


The wings are spread and many colors are portrayed.


It has an artist's marking as well as a number 1114.  I am unaware what the marking means.


Of course, Jeff bought me this piece because it was a prop used on the set of the Dukes of Hazzard.


It comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.  This owl is so cool.  Now that the Dukes is in HD, we have to be able to find this bad boy.  Come on internet, help me find this owl on a shelf in Uncle Jesse's kitchen.  Jeff has added some great props to the collection.  First the bowl from last Christmas, and then the train pin for my birthday.  You are awesome Jeffrey.   


Non-Dukes, but we have been discussing Hulk Hogan a little bit around these parts.  Mattel released their first Hulkster figure and I had to jump on it.  This is the best figure to date of the best wrestler ever.



Mom made another really cool printed item for me.  I am not a coffee drinker, but I do love cookies and milk.  Now I can split my servings between my Dukes mug and this great "Me and Hulk Hogan" mug she made me.  Thanks again, Mom. 



I don't want to toot my own Dixie horn, but I got Jeff a pretty cool gift this year.  It is a brand new Thing hoodie, that I got from 80stees.  I think he likes it.  He didn't really clobber his dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment