Tuesday, January 13, 2015

New Dukes Stuff - 1/13/2015 - Shirt, Jersey, Tattoo, Coolie and More



Looking over the blog, it seems I haven't posted a "New Dukes Stuff" entry in quite some time.  I gotta get back to these.  This post is full of a bunch of crazy and unique items that have nothing in common except the Dukes of Hazzard.  Let's dig in.  


First off is this Boars Nest shirt.  I love me some Boars Nest shirts.


I've never seen this particular shirt before.  It has a "shiny" gold print to it.  The "Hazzard County's Finest Water Hole" tagline is new to me.  I like it!  I'm not sure when this shirt was available or who made it.  It looks like a licensed product to me, but doesn't have any tags or trademark information on it, like most shirts do.  I bought it on ebay.


It has the go-to logo on it that adorns most newer products.  I'm guessing it's a newer release.  I wish I knew where it came from so I could get another to actually wear.  Ah, collector problems.


The tag is pretty generic.  No mention of WB or Dukes like we have seen on other newer Dukes shirts.


Now this is a unique shirt.  This is a Catherine Bach Superbowl Pin-Up Golf charity football jersey.


I also got this one on ebay, so I had to do some research on it.  The seller didn't have much information about it.  It definitely has a Daisy Duke look to it.


The CB logo is the logo Catherine uses on her personal clothes line.  I have a signed pair of her Daisy Dukes from her line in the collection.


Pin-Up Golf is a charity organization that hosts golf outings in the Los Angeles area.


I can't find a reference to this shirt or event online.  It seems Pin-Up Golf hosted an event that was in conjunction with the NFL around 2008 and Superbowl 42.


I'm guessing Pevonia Botanica Skincare was also involved.


The jersey is made by Reebok and has the NFL logo on it.  The tag area has Catherine's signature printed on it.


The front of the shirt also has Catherine's autograph as well as her signature outline.  This outline is used on here clothing line and has become the symbol for the Hands on Hips Society that she and Miss Alma started.


This is a confusing item.  My guess is that Catherine was involved in a fundraiser around February 2008 and had these shirts printed up.  It is a very high quality jersey.  I can now say that I have an NFL/Dukes item.  I love weird additions to the collection.


Back to items I know most everything about.  These are promotional giveaways to promote the movie.  They are two small pins and a temporary tattoo.  The only thing I don't know is where they were given away.  I wish our theaters gave things like this away.  I see a lot of movies and don't get any freebies for it.  If I was around when these were given out, I'd have gone home with probably all of them.


The back of the tattoo has instructions as well as the opening date and website for the movie.  I remember when DukesofHazzard.com had some really fun games, pictures and videos on it.  Now it just has a link to the Warner Bros. online store where you can buy the dvds.  Or at least it did last week.  Now it has Marvin the Martian telling us that the item we are looking for is no longer available.  Come on WB!  SpaceJam.com has been up since the beginning of the internet.  Give us some online Dukes goodness.  I guess if you want online Dukes goodness, you come to DukesCollector.com.  That works for me.


Someone must have found a new old stock of these Dukes digital clocks.  Just like the Unisonic watches and calculators before them, these have been showing up on ebay a lot lately.  I had one before but the blister had separated from the card.  Sure, if you have several to sell at a cheap price, I'll buy some.


The Stick-Up Digital Clock is basically a watch with no band.  It has adhesive on the back and can be stuck to things.


The tiny clock had a tinyer picture of the General Lee skiing away from Rosco.


Those are fine places to stick your Dukes clock.


This clock has very modern-for-1981 features like date, hours, minutes, and seconds.


All of the instructions are on the back of the card.


Dukes of Hazzard time keeping has come a long way in these thirty some years.  This is my Dukes decorated Moto 360.  It keeps the date, hours, minutes, and seconds and also can text, email, tell me the weather and open my blog.  It can't play dixie though.  One of these Unisonic watches has that on it.  Mabye the next version...


Here is a cool piece.  It is the instruction manual to the French version of the Dukes of Hazzard: Return of the General Lee Playstation 2 video game.  Foreign language variations make for fun items to collect.  I have a few foreign versions of the movie and some lobby cards, but not much else.  I gotta find more foreign Dukes of Hazzard things.


As I've discussed before, Sherif Fais-Moi Peur traslates to Sheriff do I fear.  Which is weird, because no one feared Rosco.  I like how they also added the standard American Dukes logo to the package.  I only got the manual for the French game.  I would love to find the actual game.  Maybe they have one in France.





It's fun to see all of the descriptions of the characters and vehicles in French.  If I was in high school taking a French class, I'd use this in a project.  I bet I'd get an A.


Next up is another Dukes of Hazzard Super Stunt Wheelies General Lee Stunt Buster with Crash Wall.  Longest title ever for a Dukes car.  I have several of these cars.  They came with the Barn Buster and Speed Jumper playsets.  I also have another one like this carded that is in pretty bad shape. That one had the General Lee decals already applied to the car as well as the decal to the Crash Wall. This one has them in the package.  It is in better condition, but not great.  This is a pricey car and really tough to find in good condition.   I'm glad I found this one.


The back of the card has an ad for the Finger Racer Crash Cars.  Those are also very fun toys.


Finally I have a very unique item.  It is a promotional "coolie" or "cozy" (depending on where you're from) that was issued to promote the Dukes of Hazzard: Racing for Home video game that was released in 1999.  I don't think I've ever seen any promotional items for this game.  This is a great score.


The front features the game logo and the back has a poorly done rendition of the 01.  It also features the WB and SouthPeak International logos.  I bought this from a seller who had a lot of video game promo items for sale.  It even came in an inside-out Gamespot box.  My guess is that this was given out only to video game stores so they would sell the game.  So not only is it rare, it wasn't originally meant to be sold.  Double score!  Thanks greedy Gamestop employee for holding on to this thing for sixteen years to then make a small profit on it!


It isn't as soft as I'm guessing it once was.  It is also a little misshapen.  I bet if I put a can of Coca-Cola in there for a while it will go back to the right shape.  This is a really cool piece.  I love the odd stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment