Thursday, December 31, 2015

Dukes Christmas Presents & 2015, A DukesCollector Review


Christmas brought some more great Dukes of Hazzard items under my tree.  Actually only one of these items are for me, but they are still awesome.


The first item is something I bought my mother.  She is a master puzzle builder and loves a new challenge.  Back in June, I stumbled across a new puzzle by White Mountain Puzzles called "Games We Played."  I found another another version of the puzzle in a different box.  I thought my mom would enjoy putting it together.  I'm gonna ask her if I can add it to the collection after she is completes it.


My cousin got my mom a different puzzle for Christmas.  This one is also by White Mountain Puzzles entitled "Television History."  Someone at White Mountain loves them Dukes.


I don't think my cousin even noticed, but right there on the puzzle are Bo and Luke with the Gen'ral and Cousin Daisy in all her glory.  It was an unexpected Dukes item!  The puzzle is a collage of hundreds of TV icons.  I'm really glad the Dukes are so well represented.  The General Lee is right in between Captain Kangaroo and Captain Kirk, that's some some heavy military brass right there!  Hopefully this puzzles will find its way in the collection too.  Merry Christmas Mom!


Jeffrey (should I even link to his blog anymore cause he rarely updates it) always come through at Christmas.  This year he did not disappoint with this awesome art print of the General Lee.  This thing is a beauty!  Jeff got it through his connections in the comic book world.  It's great having a friend who is so deep into comic creation.


The background isn't just yellow.  There is a collage of old Dukes of Hazzard ads and posters.  The artist did his homework.


Several of these ads were featured in a blog I did in 2012.  Check it out.  I really like how the artist made the background.  This is an awesome present.  Thanks Jeff!


2015 had its ups and downs for Dukes of Hazzard fans.  Let's take a look back.


The Dukes of Hazzard movie was released ten years ago.  I wrote several blog posts looking back at my time on the set, at the Hollywood Premiere, and the items that were released.  



In April, we lost a member of the Dukes of Hazzard family.  James Best is with his Little Fat Buddy in the sky.  We sure do miss you Rosco.

There were some issues with the rebel flag that led to the Dukes of Hazzard being pulled from television.  Here's hoping we see it again on TV in 2016. 


Cooter's Place returned to where it all began in 2015.  Along with Nashville and Gatlinburg, Ben and Alma opened Cooter's In the Country in good 'ol Sperryville, home of the original Cooter's Place.  Needless to say, I spent a lot of time there this year.  We had a great grand opening, and Daisy, Dorothy Best, Cletus, Enos, and Luke have all visited already.  2016 is going to be a huge year for Cooter's in the Country.  We have a huge announcement planned!


We saw some great times released in 2015.  Though a custom piece, I had to include my wonderful Lego General Lee created by Cody at C3Brix.  It is such an awesome addition to the collection.  May saw two releases.  Auto World gave us the General Lee before it was orange with the 1/18 Happy Birthday General Lee diecast.  Shortly after, we got Series 2 of Figures Toy Company's Dukes of Hazzard figures.  Daisy, Uncle Jesse, Cooter, Enos, and Cletus, were all released in 8 inch and 12 inch figures.  A few months later we were surprised with a Series 3 of Dukes figures.  It consisted of special edition figures exclusive to Entertainment Earth that included Welcome Back Bo & Luke, Carnival of Thrills Bo, Abraham Lincoln Hogg, and two Daisys, Deputy Daisy Duke, and Bikini Daisy!  They are awesome.  All of the Dukes figures as well as other items can be purchased through the link on the top right of the blog that takes you to EE's website.  Clicking that link supports the blog.  Right in the middle of the flag controversy, we finally got the complete Dukes of Hazzard series in a DVD Box Set.  It was plain old bad timing.  But a great set.  The price for the box set has been up and down, but I'm very happy we finally got it.  I'm really hoping we get the glorious HD versions in Blu-ray someday soon.  Halloween saw the release of costumes portraying Boss Hogg, Rosco P. Coltrane, and Daisy Duke.  In December, our pal Tom Wopat released the Christmas album he did with John Schneider, on vinyl.  I held the first ever DukesCollector contest and gave away some autographed copies.  That was a lot of fun.

2015 had a few low points, but it had so many high ones.  I met so many more great follow fans of the Dukes of Hazzard and had countless wonderful Dukes experiences.  Here's to a great 2016 filled with orange cars, Dukes toys, cast members, and fellow fans!

1 comment:

  1. Here's to another great year for the blog. Happy new year fellow Dukes fans.

    ReplyDelete